1. Eat More Calories: To increase your weight, you need to take in more calories than your body needs. This means eating more than your daily caloric needs. Eating nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and healthy fats will help provide your body with the energy it needs to add weight.
2. Lift Weights: Building muscle mass is important for increasing weight. Incorporating weightlifting into your workout routine two to three times per week can help you build muscle. This will help you to increase your overall body weight.
3. Eat More Protein: Protein is essential for building muscle and adding weight. Aim to consume at least 0.8-1 gram of protein per pound of body weight each day. Eating sources of lean protein like chicken, eggs, and fish can help increase your weight.
4. Eat More Frequently: Aim to eat five to six smaller meals throughout the day. Eating every three to four hours can help keep your metabolism active and give your body the necessary energy it needs to gain weight.
5. Avoid Stress: Stress can cause your body to hold onto more fat and slow your metabolism. It can also lead to unhealthy habits like overeating or skipping meals. Aim to reduce stress and practice relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation to help you stay relaxed.